Tropical Grilled Pork Chops
“Marinated pork chops are grilled to perfection and topped with a spicy salsa starring pineapple, mango, and applesauce.”
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 1 teaspoon chili powder
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 1 pod cardamom seeds
* 1/2 teaspoon water, or as needed
* 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
* 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1 mango - peeled, seeded and chopped
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon cilantro
* 2 teaspoons lemon juice
* 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, minced
* 1 1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
* 3 pineapple rings, chopped
* 1 pinch white pepper
* 1/3 cup soy sauce
* 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
* 6 pork chops
1. With a mortar and pestle, mash together the garlic, chili powder, cayenne, and cardamom seeds. Mix in enough water to form a paste.
2. Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in spice paste, and cook until it begins to bubble, about 30 seconds. Stir in vinegar; cook without boiling for 2 minutes. Stir in sugar until it dissolves. Mix in mango, salt, cilantro, lemon juice, and jalapeno; simmer 20 minutes. Stir in applesauce and pineapple; simmer 10 minutes more. Season with white pepper. Place in a bowl, cover, and refrigerate until ready to use.
3. To prepare marinade, mix 2/3 cup of the salsa with soy sauce and 1/3 cup vinegar. Place pork chops in a large resealable plastic bag, and pour marinade over chops. Seal tightly, and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
4. Prepare grill for medium-high heat. Drain marinade from bag, and heat in a saucepan until boiling.
5. Lightly oil grill grate. Place pork chops on the hot grill. Cook 10 minutes, or to desired doneness, turning once and basting occasionally with the boiled marinade.
6. Warm remaining salsa over medium-low heat. Serve pork chops topped with the salsa.
Check for other products at Swiss Butchery Singapore
Kurobuta Pork Bacon Sausage Bulk Beef Jerky